Pit Stop's suspension and shock absorber services caters for a wide range of car suspension and shock absorber types, including standard shock absorbers, gas shocks, heavy duty shock absorbers for 4x4 and commercial vehicles and air adjustable shock absorber units. In addition to just shock absorbers, we service a variety of car suspension components including stabilizer bars and suspension springs.
Pit Stop's suspension and shock absorber services are available from all NZ Pit Stop service centres so if you are looking at new shock absorbers or suspension repairs find your nearest Pit Stop store or book online.
Why Do I Need To Have My Shock Absorbers Checked?
- A vehicle with defective shock absorbers can take as much as 2.6 metres extra to stop in an emergency - perhaps the difference between driving past an accident or being in one!
- Poor handling as a result of vehicle suspension issues can put you and your family at serious risk of having an accident
- Shock absorbers are vital for positive steering and safe braking
- Shock absorbers smooth out bumps, jolts and give stability for comfortable cruising at all speeds and the secure feeling of having all four wheels firmly on the ground
What Are The Danger Signs Of Worn Shock Absorbers?
- When your vehicle slides or fails to hug the road on bends
- When your tyres show bald patches
- When your vehicle nosedives or dips forward badly when braking
- When oil seeps out of your shock absorbers
- When your vehicle is unstable in side winds
- When your steering wheel vibrates while driving
Why Use Pit Stop?
Pit Stop are a New Zealand owned and operated business employing highly skilled technicians. They will ensure your vehicle is back on the road with the least hassle.
Other good reasons are:
- All Pit Stop's work is satisfaction guaranteed
- Obligation free shock absorber inspection with written quote for any needed repairs
- 2 year guarantee on parts and workmanship
- New Zealand wide presence should you ever require additional assistance
What Shock Absorbers Replacement Options Are There?
- Standard Shock Absorbers - Engineered to meet your cars original specifications. Warranty 1 year or 20,000km
- Gas Shock Absorbers - Gas shocks give ride characteristics which exceed original equipment plus more consistent and reliable response to every road condition. Warranty 2 years or 40,000km
- Heavy Duty Gas Shocks - For commercial and 4WD vehicles. Built to the highest specifications for superb reliability and are usually larger than original equipment for long life and superior durability. Warranty 2 years or 40,000km
- Air Adjustable Shocks - The solution to the problem of occasional heavy loading such as towing a boat, caravan, or trailer. These units function as a heavy duty shock and provide an inflatable airbag to support extra weight. Warranty 1 year or 20,000km
Other Suspension Repairs
Pit Stop also service other parts of the vehicle suspension such as stabiliser bars and springs. Springs for towing or for lowering vehicle heights are a specialty.
To arrange for an inspection of your suspension phone your nearest Pit Stop or make an online booking.